Spreading Hope to a Dying World
Morning: 10:00 AM
7:00 PM (Adult Classes)
Youth & Children’s Classes
Prayer Service………………………..Sept. 24th, 5:00 PM
Feast of Tabernacles Celebration…….Oct. 1st, 5:00 PM
Women’s Day……………………….….Oct. 7th, 11:00 AM
Young Adult Class ………………………Oct. 15th 5:00 PM
(Ages 17 – 25)
Breakthrough Service………….…….Oct. 20th, 7:00 PM
Better Together……………………..Oct. 22nd, 5:00 PM
Our Church and Congregation
Heartland Fellowship was organized in 1933 in the Valley Forge area. Members of Heartland met in the first church building located on Park Avenue in Elizabethton, TN from 1947 to 2007. The current pastor, Marvin Slagle began pastoring in 1992. After much prayer by Pastor Slagle and the congregation, God blessed Heartland Fellowship with the land and efforts needed to build a new church. The new church building was completed in 2007. The first service at the new location was held on December 2, 2007. Since then God has continued to bless our congregation and our efforts to build the Kingdom of God under His direction. It is the desire of this Church that you will receive spiritual strength and instruction through worship, prayer, fellowship and The Word of God. We are a Full Gospel, Bible believing fellowship. Our church is a local ministry of the Church of God of Prophecy, Cleveland, TN. The Church of God of Prophecy is a world-wide Pentecostal organization.
The mission of Heartland Fellowship is to bear witness for Christ and His truth and to spread the gospel of the Kingdom in all its fullness and power, so that the rule of God is brought about in the hearts of men. Our Mission Statement:
- The life, emphasis and focus of Heartland Fellowship are centered around God’s Word.
- Heartland Fellowship is more concerned about pleasing God rather than pleasing others.
- The main priority of Heartland Fellowship is to build the Kingdom by winning souls through reaching the lost with every possible means and resources that are available.
- Heartland Fellowship believes that equipping believers for service is a biblical requirement.
- Heartland Fellowship′s greatest testimonies are changed lives; not buildings, budgets or numbers.
- The only image Heartland Fellowship is concerned about is being obedient to the call of God.
Statement of Faith
As an affiliate of the Church of God of Prophecy:
- We believe the Bible is God’s Holy Word, inspired, inerrant, and infallible. We believe the Bible to be God’s written revelation of Himself to mankind and our guide in all matters of faith; therefore, we look to the Bible as our highest authority for doctrine, practice, organization, and discipline.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died to save us.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and is the final authority for doctrine.
- We believe in His atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory at His Second Coming.
- We profess that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of sinful man.
- We believe that sanctification by the blood of Christ makes possible personal holiness.
- We affirm the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling we are given gifts of service to be used in Kingdom building.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life; we are also committed to the sanctity of the marriage bond between a man and a woman and the importance of strong, loving Christian families.
Marvin & Sara Slagle
Pastor Marvin Slagle was ordained as a licensed minister in 1970. He was ordained as a bishop in 1976 and served as a district bishop and camp director for the denomination. He is currently serving as the senior pastor for over twenty years at Heartland Fellowship Church, and is currently the senior Chaplain at Sycamore Shoals Hospital in Elizabethton, TN. Pastor Slagle started his ministry as a lay minister in the Church of God of Prophecy in Hobart, Indiana, at the age of 16. A short time after attending Bible Training Institute in Cleveland, Tennessee, Pastor Slagle accepted his first pastorate in Isabel, South Dakota. Following that position, he pastored in Michigan and West Virginia, directing the organization’s state youth camps for six years, as well as being a district overseer of several churches in the organization. His heart is in his work as he teaches and preaches from God’s Word, applying it to the parishioners’ modern day situations. He and his wife Sara have been married for over 47 years. Their daughter Rachel Pearson, son-in-law Craig, reside in Chandler, AZ with their two children Rayanna, and Jonas though their oldest child, Perry, departed this life in July of 2015 and is now in the presence of the Lord. Pastor Slagle’s son Kevin, and daughter-in-law Kim, and their daughter Riley live in Elkhart, IN.
Phil & Shonna Self
Associate Pastor Phillip Self was Ordained as a licensed Minister in 2023 in the COGOP.
Phillip and His Wife have been in ministry together since 2008. Phillip has served as Senior Pastor on two separate occasions over the period of seven years. In the beginning of their Ministry they served as Assistant youth Pastors and also was active in Music ministry for several years. They continued their love for working with youth through foster parenting. Phillip Began open air Evangelism in 2011 and continues to be actively engaged in that ministry. His prayer is to reach the lost and hurting by sharing the love and truth of who Christ is in a world that is hurt,broken and lost.
Our nursery is available for infants through 3 years. Snacks are provided during the service. Snacks consist of gold fish or animal cookies and juice. Please inform a volunteer of any allergies your child may have and/or if you do not wish your child to have a snack. Parents please remember to include these items in your child’s diaper bag:
- Extra Diapers
- Bottle or cup of formula, water or juice. (Please label with name.)
- Change of clothes
- Pacifier or other items your child may require.
All of our children’s workers are carefully screened and given a thorough background check to ensure a safe, age-appropriate learning situation for your child. We provide a safe, nurturing nursery for every church service.
Our children are dismissed after the song service on Sunday mornings. We teach from a Biblical-based curriculum, on a level each age can understand. All of our children’s workers are carefully screened and given a thorough background check to ensure a safe, age-appropriate learning situation for your child.
Our youth meet on Sunday morning after the 10 am worship and Wednesday night at 7:00 pm, offering a relevant, exciting ministry for students in 6th-12th grade.
- Diverse leadership team
- Activities once a month and during holiday breaks
- Open discussion format class on Sunday
- Bible study on Wednesday
- Enthusiastic and fun atmosphere
- Caring and welcoming students
Beauty For Ashes Women’s Ministry
This Ministry is for ladies of all ages who are seeking a deeper relationship with Christ. Our focus is to connect women together to strengthen and to build each other up in confidence, trust, love and self worth. Also for them to bond through stories of experience and deliverance, to pour out onto other broken women the love, forgiveness and acceptance of Jesus Christ.
Our Overcomer’s Ministry is a group of people seeking to live in the freedom found only in Christ. We meet every Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm and share our experience and struggles. The aim of this ministry is to accept and love people where they are, while bringing them deeper into the knowledge and presence of God. We are Christ centered and seek to glorify Him by sharing our testimonies and His love. This group is open to anyone that desires freedom from any type of bondage.
Manna Food Pantry
Our Manna Food Pantry is an emergency pantry. If you or someone you know is in need of food or hygiene items, please call (423) 895-0645 for assistance.
Thrive Ministry is a fellowship for our brothers and sisters aged 55+. We have regularly scheduled fellowships and are gearing up for some outreach for and by our seniors.
A group for all married couples from newlyweds to 50 years or more. We support each other, learn from God’s Word and fellowship together.
The men of the church meet occasionally for fellowship, prayer and to build one another up. We also help our church members, community, and those in need as the opportunity arises. The following are the qualities of a man of God, based on Exodus 15:3: “The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is His Name.”
- A servant disciple who is all about Jesus, with a ministry and purpose focused on sharing Jesus Christ with the lost.
- Does nothing out of fear, relying instead on the Lord.
- Actively, respectfully and faithfully seeks God’s leading and confirmation every step of the way.
- Serves with the Lord’s compassion and mercy as a servant leader.
- Enters into the battle fully equipped, trained, tested and reliant on the Holy Spirit and the Lord’s guidance.
- Has progressed beyond basic Bible knowledge and elementary doctrines in order to take on the spiritual meat and challenges of God’s calling.
- Takes what is learned in Scripture and actively and regularly applies it in real life battles against the dominion, powers and principalities of this world.
- Does not rob God of His glory, but voluntarily chooses to give all glory to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
- Tears down idols and strong holds of false gods wherever they are found and builds in their place proper altars to the Lord such as faith, hope, and love.
Young Adults Ministry
This is a group for ages 17-25. Those who are just aging out of youth and entering into adulthood. Since this is a critical time is their lives when they make most of their decisions, our main focus is to keep their eyes and mind on God and help guide them on their path that He wants to lead them on. This class meets the 3rd Sunday evening of each month.
We appreciate your financial support and stewardship of this church and its ministries. By sowing into this fertile ground you can expect the promise of Luke 6:38 when the words fell from the lips of The Master to, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over.”